"Why" - The Story Behind the Song
With everything going on in our lives I think we loose sight of how amazing life truly is.
Life is complicated, no doubt, but its SOOO AWESOME! So why do we waste so much time questioning everything?
Here’s a little fun you can have today. Count the number of times you ask yourself why.
* “Why is this lady leaving her cart in the middle of the grocery isle”
* “Why would the car manufacturer put the seat control so far back”
* “Why does my coworker always leave his coffee cup in the office kitchen.
The word “WHY” can be a very a self-serving negative if you’re not careful.
* I would never leave my cart in the middle of a grocery isle.
* I would have put the seat controls in an easer place to reach.
* I would wash my cup out and put it away.
This song is about the things we don’t ask ourselves about, but we should.
The verses in this song ask the questions: Why weren’t people designed to fly?
Why is a blue sky so beautiful?
Why do we cry when we are happy?
Why do we keep amazing things to ourselves?
Why is the night so intriguing?
Why is a new life so precious?
As the chorus in this song states: Life is temporary and it goes by quickly. If you blink you may miss it.
Life is under rated.
Song Art and Lyrics Below:
Ever wonder why
Wonder why you can’t fly
Ever want to try
Try to paint a blue sky
Why are things so complicated
Why is life so under rated
Why do days go by so quickly
Why is time so temporary
What do you miss in the blink of a life
Sing Why oh why oh why
Ever need to cry
Cry your way through good times
Ever think you'd lie
Lie about a new high
Ever say you’d shy
Shy away from sunlight
Ever plan to try
Try to see through new eyes
Written by: Eric Helmstetter (c) 2022 - All Rights Reserved